1974 Gay Rights Ordinance Hearing, Photo Courtesy of Telegram & Gazette
This story is not finished. The physical exhibit, LGBTQ+ Worcester for the Record, initiates a conversation and we now rely on you to complete, extend, and correct the record. You can raise your voice here.
Since the exhibit found in genesis in community collection and outreach, LGBTQintheWoo.org wants to continue the dialogue. All comments are welcome and you can use this page to comment on the exhibit, alert the curators to new lines of investigation, share new artifacts, or tell your own story. Digital Worcester curates this website regularly and will respond to all messages, but we also encourage to engage one another in an extension of the dialogue.
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Have more to add to the record? Let us know and we will correct it or add it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
This conversation is moderated and we will actively monitor comments to delete the following behaviors and ban those who indulge them:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters.
- Comments that are completely out of left field.
- Threats — no matter how vague
- Homophobia, racism, sexism, etc.